Comms & Marketing Lead (interim 3 months paternity cover)
We’re actively interviewing and will close this vacancy when the right person has been found
We are recruiting for a passionate and dynamic Comms & Marketing Lead (interim 3 months paternity cover) to help drive The Social Change Agency’s vision by supporting the development and delivery of our marketing strategy and building our public profile across various channels.
You will work with the Business Development Manager and the Communications Consultant to maintain well established and robust marketing practices as well as develop exciting new streams of engagement to help promote and position our brands. In addition you will be responsible for launched 2 new products over the next few months.
The role would suit someone who loves all things Comms and Marketing and has a passion for storytelling and making a difference. You will be reporting to the Business Development Manager, but the role will involve working across the businesses. We’re at a pivotal point, therefore the role offers the opportunity to make a big impact on the business with room to grow.
Who we’re looking for
You will be keen to make a big impact in a small team and be hungry for searching out opportunities to develop yourself and the business. We are looking for someone who is happy working on their own initiative with energy, enthusiasm and good humour, with a can-do attitude. You must also be comfortable with working with groups of people from varied backgrounds alongside our incredible team. Our work is involved and changes quickly, as the world of social change is complex and moves fast. So the role would suit someone who is resilient and comfortable re-prioritising when things shift, and can manage their workload when there are last minute tasks.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Demonstrable experience in a comms and marketing or relevant role
- Exemplary written communication skills that enable you to communicate to a wide range of audiences and channels
- Demonstrable experience of creative content creation (blogs, email, PR, social)
- Demonstrable experience of creating and improving on various communication outputs including (but not exhaustively) social media, email campaigns, press outreach, podcasts or videos.
- Understanding of B2B marketing strategies and practices, experience of actively inputting to a marketing strategy
- Proven experience of learning from analytics and content performance to make improvements and feed back into the strategy
- Basic SEO + web optimisation experience
- Creative design skills – Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, video/podcast editing Marketing software (social media management tools, analytics, WordPress)
- Confidence and flexibility to work across the business, talking to different teams and connecting the dots between different projects
- Experience in the areas we work in, or an interest in it and a desire to learn more. Gaining an understanding of the nuances of the space we work in and our projects across the business will be crucial to marketing them well.
What you’ll be doing
- Creatively input to the development and implementation of the marketing and social media strategies to drive brand awareness and business development
- Track, analyse and report on marketing activity, be proactive about suggesting and implementing improvements and experiments
- Adapt and optimise content including web pages, social and email content
- Understand and feedback on how content strategy and marketing activity is affecting lead generation.
- Keep checks on CRM and make sure leads are being followed up
Proactive content creation
- Storytelling – Create exciting and thought provoking content to highlight the amazing groups we work with, the work they are doing and how The Social Change agency has supported them
- Create content from our client case studies and wider work – design social assets and write longer form blogs
- Compose newsletters and create the assets to share around it
- Organise, record and edit podcasts (with skills training if needed)
- Adapting content such as blogs or reports to pitch to external media
- Build marketing strategies around new product launches, maximising their impact
Social + outbound media management:
- Support management and population of content calendar for our Twitter and LinkedIn, schedule and respond on the platforms
- Manage and improve on segmented email lists
- Pitching to external media when needed
Terms and benefits
Terms: The role will be full-time (37.5 hours/week) fixed term contract.
We are open to exploring flexible working arrangements and supporting you to meet commitments you may have.
Salary: £37,400 annually (pro-rata)
Location: You must be based inside the UK. We have an office in Kings Cross, London which London-based staff are in 3 times a week, but if you are based out of London you will be home based.
We hold quarterly all-staff strategy meetings and annual away days which you will be required to attend in person which we will cover the cost of your travel. You will be required to come together with the team occasionally and these travel costs will not be covered, we try our best to keep these to when only necessary.
Language skills & visa status: Candidates must be fluent in English. You must have the right to work in the UK independently, as we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Holiday: 22 days plus bank holidays, plus 3 days between Christmas and New Years when the office is closed (pro rata).
Additional Paid Time Off: We offer 0.5 days a quarter (2 days a year) of paid voluntary time off, encouraging all staff to serve as trustees or any equivalent voluntary positions to contribute to their communities
Health Assured Service: The health and wellbeing of our staff is very important to us. We offer all of our staff access to the Health Assured wellbeing service, which offers a 24 hour support line, structured counselling with external support, and a bank of online resources such as webinars and articles tailored towards health and wellbeing for both you and the members of your family, and access to some types of legal advice. You can see their website for details.
To apply please fill out this application form.
Please note cover letters, and/or copies of the question outline will not be considered.
You can also view the questions and draft your answers here before submitting it through the Google Form.
We are actively interviewing suitable applicants and will close the vacancy when the right person has been found
About The Social Change Agency
The Social Change Agency comprises a team that are experts in creating social impact using social innovation, peer networks, community organising, collaboration and systemic and organisational change approaches. We provide strategic consulting, communications expertise, training and programme design to create social impact. We combine tried and tested approaches with cutting edge tools and perspectives that often result in original programmes and services that break through long standing challenges. What do we do best? Creating bespoke, blended solutions so the organisations we work with can change the world.
Our exciting range of clients include The National Lottery Community Fund, The Football Association, Youth Futures Foundation, Climate-KIC, Guy’s and St Thomas Charity, the Greater London Authority (GLA), King’s College London and the Lloyds Bank Foundation among many others. In addition to our client work, we train the next generation of movement and network builders – our training and events attract some of the brightest and best social changemakers.
We incubate, build and support social movements like the Young Trustees Movement, Parents for the Future, and much of the mutual aid movement in the UK. We have brought innovative products to market, such as The Movement Building Canvas and Lost Voices. We run alongside our sister company The Social Change Nest CIC. SCN is a fiscal hosting service for over 400 community and campaigning groups. The role will cover the BD of both SCA and SCN.
We are proud of our culture. Underpinned by our values of curiosity, courageousness, creativity and collaboration. We believe relationships are the glue that holds us all together. It helps us create the most innovative work with our clients and gets us through the most difficult times together – we know that transformational social change is generational work and we must look after ourselves and each other for the long haul. We understand that working makes up a significant part of our lives and we want to make sure that our time spent working is productive, enriching, and joyful.
You’ll be joining a close-knit team – supported and developed to be the best you can be. We believe that every member of our team brings a unique perspective from their experiences and abilities and encourage everyone to be a curious soul about how we can improve everything we do, from how we interact as a team to how we deliver for our clients and communities.
We live our values and have been certified as a BCorp business, Disability Confident Employer, and an accredited Living Wage Employer. In addition we were listed as one of the top social enterprises in the UK in the SE100.