Due to the high level of interest in our current job opportunities, we held a webinar to discuss more about who we are, the roles, and our hiring process. A recording of that webinar can be found here.
Deadline: 14th July, 2020
Start date: ASAP
Please read the Job Description carefully then download and complete:
Send both back to email@example.com with the subject ‘Operations assistant application’ by the closing date of 11pm on Sunday 14th July 2020.
Please note we will not be accepting CVs and covering letters.
The Social Change Agency helps build people powered movements that change the world.
We are experts in creating social impact using communication, community organising, crowdfunding, peer networks, innovation, and systemic and organisational change. We combine tried and tested approaches with cutting edge tools and perspectives. And we offer strategic consulting, programme design and delivery, training, workshops and more.
Our clients include DFID, Blagrave Trust, The Mayor of London and Parents for Future UK. Our training and events attract some of the brightest and best social changemakers in the land. We also support the delivery of one of the Government’s grant giving programmes, providing match funding to UK charities for international development. In addition to our client work, we also support and incubate social movements. Over the past few years we have launched the Young Trustee Movement and the Losing Control Network, and have supported movements as diverse at Women’s March Global, to Psychologists for Social Change. We recently launched our transparent money management service for community groups and are now providing financial management for over 100 groups that are supporting their communities in response to Covid-19.
Since Covid-19 hit, we have moved our physical office in Kings Cross to a virtual one and have picked up the pace launching our new service for mutual aid and community groups. We have retained our office space and are waiting for the right time to return, but until then, we are embracing the positives of a virtual office. With this in mind, we are looking for a talented person who is able to support and work with our Operations Director to enable a virtual team and team working, as well as ensure smooth project logistics across our client group. A large part of the role will be providing operational support for our work with Mutual Aid networks and community groups. The role would suit someone with a passion for highlighters, order, talking to people, alongside an interest in social justice, systems change and innovation to work to support us in continuing our journey. You will be reporting to the Operations Director and must be ready for the messy, passionate interconnected world that is social change.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the operations assistant, you will be responsible for undertaking and developing administrative processes, systems and procedures that support us including:
- Supporting our Operations Director to ensure that our policies, processes, and systems across the team and projects align with and advance business objectives
- Supporting the consultancy and programme teams to logistically map-out, plan, and manage projects
- Provide operational support to Mutual Aid and other groups through Accountable, our transparent money management service
- Along with the Operations Director, analyse and maintain operational data to inform our work
- Supporting recruitment and onboarding of staff in policies and procedures
- Supporting compliance across the organisation, board and CIC
- Contributing to the innovation of new products and services
- Management of our busy office, both virtually and physically
- Support SMT with diary management along with governance support
- Supporting operations and account management across the organisation, including financial support to the Operations Director
- Ensuring that our online filing systems are properly organised
- Acting as a first point of contact for external correspondents, callers and visitors
- Use any other skills you bring to the job that can help us increase our reach and impact.
You will be a detailed person, very organised and good at managing various tasks at the same time. You will be keen to make an impact in a small team and be hungry for searching out opportunities to develop yourself and the business. We are looking for someone who is happy working on their own initiative with energy, enthusiasm and good humour. You must be comfortable with working with groups of people from varied backgrounds along with your work colleagues, and comfortable prioritising urgent, last minute tasks.
Person specification includes:
- exceptional organisational skills
- demonstrable experience of office operations, understanding of systems and basic bookkeeping
- an exceptional attention to detail
- ability to manage various tasks and project related administration at the same time, and capable of managing time effectively
- capability to manage competing priorities
- IT literate – Experience of working with project management software and accounting software is desirable
- Experience of working within a team
Terms: The role will be full time – although we will consider JobShare and/or Pro rata, with occasional evening and weekend work and UK-based travel (by arrangement). The role is a permanent one with potential opportunities for growth and development: we are a small, agile agency and are committed to supporting our staff to acquire the skills to move into all areas of our work.
We are open to exploring flexible working arrangements and supporting you to meet other commitments you may have.
Location: Until the office opens, you will be home-based – and when we reopen, you will be based in our office in Kings Cross.
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Please visit our main vacancies page for our equal opportunities statement.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK independently, as we unfortunately are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We’re committed to an inclusive process during our recruitment and so have removed our option for a general chat about the role – we will be making our decision purely based on the application form submitted and conversations will not be had with the shortlisting team. To learn more about the role you can register for the webinar about working with us here.
Deadline: 14th July, 2020
Start date: ASAP
How to apply: Please read the Job Description carefully before downloading and completing this application form (as a word document). When complete please return the application form, along with your personal details on this form with the subject ‘Operations assistant application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 11pm on Sunday 14th July 2020.