A workshop on the unconscious processes in groups and self-organising teams
Teach Me sessions are workshops across the country focussing on sharing specific skills and insights from hosts who have actually applied these before and know what they’re talking about. Cutting edge technology, co-budgeting, facilitation skills, communications, movement building, power dynamics, group dynamics, culture and more!
There are only 25 spaces available on a first come first serve basis so get your tickets now!
When: Thursday January 9, 2020, 1:00 – 5:00
Where: London: Trust for London Offices. 4th Floor, 4 Chiswell St, Finsbury, London EC1Y 4UP
About this workshop: This half-day experiential workshop will draw your attention to unconscious processes at play in groups, your own patterns of relating and the many rational and emotional factors behind collective decision-making.
Purpose of the workshop: The workshop will explore how people work in groups, the hidden complexities of group life and how we manage the inherent tensions between the desire to lead others and the desire to follow others in teams.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone working in team-environment and interested in understanding power dynamics in groups, organisations and networks.
You may be:
- Working as a facilitator or leader
- Leading a network or a community
- Participating as a team member in campaign and social change movement
After the workshop you will:
- Understand better how groups work
- Recognise ʻhidden scriptsʼ that may block work and development
- Experience how your leadership style influences others and develops over time
- Experience how as a team member you can influence the conditions for creativity, innovation and collaboration
Meet your host: Kalina Stamenova
Kalina is an experienced trainer, coach and organisational development consultant inte-grating system psychodynamic and group relations theories to develop potential in individuals and groups and facilitate the better understanding of intrapersonal and interpersonal dynamics within groups and organisations. She has worked for global organisations such as Cambridge University Press and with clients in the non-for profit sector, higher education and creative industries. She is a member of the Organisation for Promoting Understanding of Society (OPUS) and the Community Building Group of the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations.
There are three different ticket options* and these are first come first serve. Tickets prices are inclusive of VAT
* Why are there three different ticket prices? Being an inclusive network is one of the core Losing Control principles and what that means is we are committed to include people from different backgrounds, sectors, and experiences as well as to make sure that ticket costs do not exclude Losing Control network members from participating. With that being said, the ticket sales for this event are just enough to cover the cost of running the Teach Me session. There are three different options so that those who are paid well to do their work or can afford pay it forward or standard ticket will be supporting other people to come along on a discounted ticket and travel bursary
Accessibility: The venue has step free access, if you have any particular concerns about accessibility please get in touch with email@example.com to discuss more
Can’t make these dates? Email Karen@thesocialchangeagency.org to register your interest as we look to run more “Losing Control? You were never in control!” workshops in the near future
09/01/2020, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Trust for London Offices, 4th Floor, 4 Chiswell St, Finsbury, London, EC1Y 4UP
This event is fully booked.