Fund frontline social action through Accountable
Most funders face big barriers to supporting informal community groups. They often:
- can’t transfer funds to individual’s bank accounts
- don’t have the systems in place to manage risk or handle relationships
- can’t fulfil their legal obligations to ensure funds are used correctly and transparently
- don’t have the networks to find small, hyperlocal groups
Accountable enables trusts and foundations to get funding to frontline and grassroots organisers
We do this by:
- manage spending and reporting requirements between funders and groups
- provide full transparency and record keeping of grant expenditure
- provide a platform for groups to manage their spending
- handle all of the payment processing
Foundations utilising and supporting Accountable
The Social Change Agency worked with Guy’s and St Thomas Charity Trust to identify and support grassroots community groups that were responding to the pandemic across Lambeth and Southwark.
We ensured that they could receive small grants from the trust through our Accountable service.
We continue to act as a fiscal host for many of these groups.
“Regranting through Accountable was new to us as a funder. We’re interested in finding models that are the most appropriate to support work that isn’t always supported. The areas and the communities that are least supported are also those that tend to be stopped by the barriers of traditional funding models the most.”
Who you can fund through Accountable
& many more
£ funds raised by groups
Meet the team
“I cannot praise The Social Change Agency enough. In a few quick, easy steps, they gave us the ability to fund raise and pay expenses – they have made all the difference in this crisis. That money allowed us to keep vulnerable people off the streets and get food and medicine to those who desperately needed it. Everyone has been impressed by how professional and transparent the platform is.”
Image credit: flaticon.com